[dtp-dev] help with Table Editor/tables documentation topics?

Hi Brian Payton,

I was hoping to start a dialog with you concerning the Table Editor documentation. Due
to the short timeframe for DTP 1.0, I wanted to chat with you about if IBM had a documentation
resource or any source documentation content to contribute to the DTP 1.0 docs. I'd certainly
appreciate any help.

I wanted to discuss this with you before I put the entire documentation outline out for review
so I could get an idea of documentation resources so I know what I can realistically commit
to for 1.0.

Below is a preliminary outline of topics for the Table Editor and tables. Hung was kind enough
to help me put together a list of topics we think should be covered. I looked at WTP help
for the list of Table Data Editor topics (in blue), but the rest are new topics that would need to
be authored. Of course, this was our best guess without having seen the Table Editor.

If you think it would be easier to chat by phone, please respond to this email and I'll send you
my phone number, and then I'd be happy to summarize/send out meeting minutes about our
discussion on dtp-dev for the entire community. In the near future, I'll be drafting a proposed
framework for how the community can contribute documentation (in the form of an Eclipse
plugin) for DTP.

Thanks for you input,
Emily

Creating a Database Table
Database Tables
Creating a Database Table from an Existing Table
Modifying Database Table Data
Table Data Editor (content to be contributed by IBM from WTP as separate plugin)
Opening the Table Editor
Modifying Data in the Table Data Editor
Setting a Value to Null in the Table Data Editor
Inserting Table Rows in the TDE
Deleting Table Rows in the TDE
Reverting to Last Saved State in the TDE
Refreshing the Data in the TDE
Closing a Database Table
Removing a Table From the Database
Specifying Table Properties
Database Table Properties
Creating a Database Column
Database Table Column Definitions
Table Column Properties
Cutting a Column
Copying a Column
Pasting a Column
Defining a Key
Key Icons
Opening Related Database Tables Using Keys
Defining Primary Database Keys
Defining Foreign Database Keys
Modifying a Database Key
Removing a Database Key
System Tables (provided by specific DBMS)
Opening a System Table
SQL Syntax Changes
Viewing Pending SQL Syntax Changes
Copying Pending SQL Syntax Changes