Re: [dtp-dev] dbdefinition model question

Hi Rob,

the first name in the list is used as the name for display purposes. the rest are treated as synonyms.

when catalog loading does a lookup based on a datatype name, both the name and the synonyms are looked up for a match.

hope that helps,

- Hemant

rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/11/2006 10:08 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] dbdefinition model question

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out how the predefined data types are supposed to work
within the dbdefinition model.  The predefined data type definitions allow
you to specify multiple names that may be used for a specific data type
(e.g. INT, INTEGER).  However, when the predefined data type is created,
only the first name in the list is ever used.  Is this correct?  It seems
to me the predefined data type that is created should match the actual type
returned from the database.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rob