Re: [dtp-dev] routineeditor.launchConfigurationTypes usage

Thanks Hui.

How do I contribute a context menu for SQL Editor ? Using extension points ?

Regards
Anthos
Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Anthos,
The routineeditor launchConfigurationTypes extension point is not intended to be used with the execution plan. Execution plan can be invoked from 2 places: by contributing a "Get execution plan" sql editor context menu; or implement ExecutionService.createExecuteParallelRunnable, so that when any adhoc statement or procedural object are executed, the execution plan can also be retrieved and displayed.

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

*Anil T Samuel <anil.samuel@xxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/27/2006 10:02 AM
Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
	[dtp-dev] routineeditor.launchConfigurationTypes usage

Hi

I have the following snippet in my plugin.xml

   <extension
point="org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.routineeditor.launchConfigurationTypes">
       <launchConfigurationType
           id="oracle.dbtools.sqltools.plan.ExplainPlanLaunch"
delegate="oracle.dbtools.sqltools.plan.ExplainPlanLaunchDelegate"
           modes="explain_text_plan, explain_graphic_plan"
           name="Explain Plain">
       </launchConfigurationType>
   </extension>

But I dont see any new lauch options resulting from this. Any thoughts ?

on a related note: how is Execution Plan feature meant to be invoked
against a script ?

Regards
Anthos