Re: [dtp-dev] RE: Launching - SQL Execution Plan ...

Hi Vasantha,

I think Da-fan was referring to the CVS repository for DTP, which can be
found at dev.eclipse.org/home/datatools. SQL Dev has a documentation
folder, in which some earlier docs reside (we've since moved to posting
these on the web site or wiki -- will have to pick up the ones we missed
here). Anyway, here's the document he mentioned:

(See attached file: EPVDesign.pdf)

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             Vasantha
             Jayakumar
             <vasantha@xxxxxx.                                          To
             com>                      DTP development mailing list
             Sent by:                  <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             dtp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dtp-dev] RE: Launching - SQL
             07/26/2006 11:34          Execution Plan ...
             AM

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi Da-fan Yang,

Thank you for your prompt response. You had pointed me to the
"<SQL Execution Plan view design> document, which can be obtained from the
DTP repository in eclipse.org "

I looked in the DTP site and in the DTP wiki site but was not able to
locate this document. Is there a separate DTP repository? Could you please
provide a link to it? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vasantha

 Da-fan.Yang@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent by:
 dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                            To
                                                 dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc
 07/25/2006 06:37 PM
                                                                   Subject
                                                 [dtp-dev] RE: Launching -
          Please respond to                      SQL Execution Plan ...
     DTP development mailing list
        <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Vasantha,
In DTP 0.9, the SQL Execution Plan Framework is to enable the vendors to
support the execution plan of their own products, for example,
by providing some plumbing code to get the execution plan from the data
server, and providing the parser to parse the raw string of the
executing plan, the database vendor can easily display the visual execution
plan into the SQL Execution Plan view (Of course the pure
text plan is also supported).
In DTP 0.9 we don't have exemplary implementation for the execution plan
part, we plan to give an exemplary implementation in the
near future.
For more detailed information regarding the SQL Execution Plan framework
--- GUI, class diagrams, APIs and extension point definition, please
refer to the <SQL Execution Plan view design> document, which can be
obtained from the DTP repository in eclipse.org
Thanks.

Message: 3