Re: [dtp-dev] RE: Launching - SQL Execution Plan ...

Hi Da-fan Yang,

Thank you for your prompt response. You had pointed me to the
"<SQL Execution Plan view design> document, which can be obtained from the DTP repository in eclipse.org "

I looked in the DTP site and in the DTP wiki site but was not able to locate this document. Is there a separate DTP repository? Could you please provide a link to it? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vasantha

Da-fan.Yang@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/25/2006 06:37 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] RE: Launching - SQL Execution Plan ...

Hi, Vasantha,

In DTP 0.9, the SQL Execution Plan Framework is to enable the vendors to support the execution plan of their own products, for example,
by providing some plumbing code to get the execution plan from the data server, and providing the parser to parse the raw string of the
executing plan, the database vendor can easily display the visual execution plan into the SQL Execution Plan view (Of course the pure

text plan is also supported).

In DTP 0.9 we don't have exemplary implementation for the execution plan part, we plan to give an exemplary implementation in the
near future.

For more detailed information regarding the SQL Execution Plan framework --- GUI, class diagrams, APIs and extension point definition, please
refer to the <SQL Execution Plan view design> document, which can be obtained from the DTP repository in eclipse.org

Thanks.

Message: 3