Re: [dtp-dev] Parent of a EModelElement instance

Anil,

It depends how your model works.  If the EModelElement is explicity contained by its parent then you can call EObject.eContainer().  If the object is contained by its parent by reference then you would need to call EObject.eClass().getEAllReferences() and process the references.

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

Anil T Samuel <anil.samuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/20/2006 07:44 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Parent of a EModelElement instance

Hi

How can I obtain the parent of a EModelElement instance ? In
ServerExplorerlabelProvider.getText(element) impl, I need to obtain the
parent of the current element to construct the label text.

Regards
Anthos