[dtp-dev] meta-thought about DTP features

We should start thinking about features for the next version of DTP. But,
before we do that, let's meta-think about the feature process itself. In
today's project lead/PMC meeting we came up with the following proposal:

1. Continue to use BZ for enhancement requests, as is standard at
eclipse.org
2. Each subproject creates a "New Features" page on the Wiki
3. Each new feature gets its own Wiki page, link to be the "New Features"
page
4. Informal use case Wiki pages aggregate proposed features to show what
problems are being addressed by sets of features.

Of course this is just a rough outline at the moment, but we'd be
interested in hearing comments about this type of documentation process.
The idea is to retain the granularity that BZ gives, while also providing
flexible higher level documents that allow people to easily see and
understand new features (and sets of features) proposed for DTP.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.