Re: [dtp-dev] Fix BIDI and DBCS Defects ASAP

Hi,
        The following BIDI and DBCS defects have been fixed or I think should not be fixed:
Bug 130521
HCG_BIDI: Undesirable order of BiDi chars in SQL editor
Bug 130522
HCG_BIDI: Undesirable order of BiDi chars in Run dialog
Bug 130523
HCG_BIDI: Undesirable order of BiDi chars in duplicated BiDi conf. name
Bug 130527
BIDI3.2: [HCG] Editors used for SQL query editing are mirrored in RTL
Bug 130532
HCG_BIDI: Undesired order of BiDi char as part of file path

Bug 130887
DBCS3.2: System default encoding should not be used as XML header encoding.
Bug 131912
DBCS3.2: SQL scrapbook: does not work "content assist" after changing shortcut key
Bug 132294
DBCS3.2: Cannot select the listed Database Name at "Select Profile for the Editor"

Please see the bug entry for detailed information. Basically, for the BIDI defects, SQL Dev Tools can now make sure all the widgets used to display SQL statements are always in left to right orientation, such as SQL Editor, Run dialog, Results View and Outline view. So it's consistent with Java Editor.
For SQL Editor, since it implements org.eclipse.ui.part.IWorkbenchPartOrientation, I overrided getOrientation to always return SWT.LEFT_TO_RIGHT. For other controls, such as table, tree, or text, I simply set a SWT.LEFT_TO_RIGHT style to the constructor.
After setting the orientation style, it's all up to SWT to decide how to display the text. I see that some of the results are not as expected, but these behaviors can be observed elsewhere in eclipse, so I think they should be addressed by Eclipse platform itself.
I'm new to BIDI support, so I'd like to know whether there're other solutions to the problem. Any comments?

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

Sheila Sholars <sholars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/01/2006 03:33 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Fix BIDI and DBCS Defects ASAP

Project Leads,

Important Reminder: Please ensure your defects containing the text "BIDI" and "DBCS" are fixed asap. Enablement testing ends this coming Friday, 4/7.

Regards,
Sheila