Re: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Breakpoint Does Not Work

George,

Sorry for not responding again... I did receive more information from the JDT team, but I've been swamped...  Here is what they told me.

For a breakpoint, the java debugger asks the VM  (via JDWP) whether a
class is loaded with the assocaited class name. If so, a breakpoint
request is created. If not, we ask the VM to tell us of class loads
assocaited with the class name (we use a wild card expressions to find
class loads of any inner types). For each load, we install any breakpoints
that correspond... perhaps the VM is not telling us of aclass loads? or
does not like the wild card pattern?

They suggested that if this didn't give you the necessary solution you should go ahead and open up a bugzilla entry against the JDT debugger component for further discussion.  If you do that, please add me to the CC for the bug so I can follow along.

Thanks,
craig