Re: RES: RES: RES: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Library Information API

It is an interesting question though. I think there is really an open question in the future about what other kinds of configurations/ profiles/platforms we should support. With that said, I think this is a good start for cleaning up and limiting the "API" that we need to support in 1.0. As some of the answers become more clear about other types of platforms, we can add the necessarily extensibility in at that point. My goal for 1.0 is to get the API to a point that we feel comfortable that it both makes sense and is easily supported.

On Feb 9, 2009, at 8:06 AM, Paula Gustavo-WGP010 wrote:

The focus here is only the javame configurations / profiles (such as
midp). As craig mentioned, there are a limited numbers of them and they
don't change frequently. So it would not be a problem to have this in
some property file and just do a new release when something change.

:)
gep

-----Mensagem original-----
De: dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dsdp-mtj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Em nome de Danail Nachev
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2009 10:54
Para: Mobile Tools for The Java Platform mailing list
Assunto: Re: RES: RES: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Library Information API

I'm not very deep in the discussion, but I want to ask how will this
information be updated/extended? Using properties file has the drawback
that it cannot be updated/extended, because it is carved in the MTJ
bundles. Did I missed something?

BR,
--
Danail Nachev
Senior Software Engineer/Development Tools

Paula Gustavo-WGP010 wrote:
Sorry... my mistake J i misunderstood your first email.

I agree that the best option is that the drop down contents of
profiles
and configurations on the JAD editor come from this property files.

gep