[dsdp-mtj-dev] Run in Java ME projects Broken

I have finally figured out what broke the non-MIDP projects SDK definitions, and some other ripple effects. As part of the changes for multiple SDKs checked in earlier in the month, the code eliminated storing device persistence in the code for each definition, and has moved to storing the code only in the RPM plug-in. This is not a bad change, but should have been mentioned. As part of this change, the code also stopped storing the Root path for the runtime, and has instead stored full-path for all libraries. This is what broke the Generic plug-in, since it was still storing relative paths that were no longer being resolved.

Also, the Java ME projects were storing execution information in a manner similar to the Root path data. That data is no longer being written out to the persistent store in the new scenario, and therefore, the run methods are failing. I am still trying to figure out exactly where in the new scheme I can commit this data, but if I had known about the design change before the change, or even received notice of it after, instead of discovering the change through debugging failing code, we could have prevented many hours of unnecessary work.
Kevin Horowitz
khorowit@xxxxxxxxxx
Client Platforms and Technology Development
Workplace Portal and Collaboration Software
IBM - Boca Raton, +1-561-862-2113

Back to the top