[dsdp-dd-dev] Coloring launch view contexts

Hi all,

I would like to add a coloring feature that assign a color to a context in the launch view.

So if I'm debugging a multicore processor I can see every core/context in different color.

If I'm not clear, I can provide an image to explain what I mean. (can I send attach to the mailing list?)

I'm starting investigating how to implement it, and already have some ideas.

I would add a class in org.eclipse.dd.dsf.debug.ui that associate a color to a context/core.
In particular, the above class take as input an IDMContext and map this context with a color.
So when I need to print some information related to the context, I ask which is the color associated to the context, for example using a method called getRgbColorForContext(IDMContext).

In my case I need to color the treeitems of the launch view, so I will use the above defined class in the LabelProviders of the launch view. The result is that each core has an unique color associated.

It is the correct way? What do you think about this feature? Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks,
Gaetano

Back to the top