Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] DSF GDB/MI setup on Linux

Title: DSF GDB/MI setup on Linux
Thanks Mark,
As far as the perspective switch, I looked into the issue a little bit and there are a few points:
- There are two preference settings
   a) Switch perspective when a launch is launched.  This is set to "Never" by default.
   b) Switch perspective when a debugger is suspended.  This is set to "Prompt" by default.
- Even if a) is disabled, when CDT launches a new program it suspends at the program entry point.  This causes a perspective switch.
- DSF has two problems:
   1) It does not implement an interface required to integrate with the platform perspective manager (bug 179096)
   2) When a new launch is created, it does not select the stack frame in Debug view (bug 179102)

Cheers
Pawel

Marc Khouzam (QA/EMC) wrote:

Hi all,

After the phone meeting we had yesterday, we replaced the DSF code automatically downloaded by Eclipse with the
latest DSF Head and we were able to get the current implementation of GDB/MI on DSF to work on Linux with GDB 6.6.

All the features that we expected to work, did.
I will try to update the wiki to include the setup for Linux.

As Veenu mentioned, the Debug perspective did not get set automatically, which in turn requires the user
to select the running thread before being able to see the current-debug-line highlighted.  I guess this
is something that we will look at when we are more familiar with DSF.

We will now move on to get familiar with the documentation that Pawel kindly suggested.

Thanks for your help.

marc

--
Marc A Khouzam