Re: [Dltk-dev] Some questions and observations (extensibility, console, etc)

SUMMARY: I think DLTK is a great thing and hope that all dynamic language IDEs for Eclipse would use it. I would never have been able to make a Scheme debugger without the DLTK to handle the debugging stuff. I also find it very frustrating, but I don't have a broad enough perspective to really tell you how to do things differently.
Can you please explain how using DLTK is easier than interfacing directly with Eclipse? Is it because you were able to take a working plugin for another language and refactor it to support Scheme?

You said that you think of a debug engine as integrated with an interpreter, and since you want to remove debug from the UI, it sounds like you are handling debugging independently of DLTK or even Eclipse. Can you elaborate on this? I have looked through the documentation under http://wiki.eclipse.org/DLTK and I cannot find any reference to debugging.

When you spend 3 to 5 hours hunting for the right spot to change, what code are you hunting through? Your own code? DLTK? Eclipse?

Back to the top