Re: [Dltk-dev] DLTK model and AST problem.

Hi,

Structure model (IModuleElement hierarchy) are used to show structure in scrip explorer, outline, search, completion, selection etc. This model represent how user see language. It consist only from top level elements, like type, method, field. And not contain any details.

AST is a internal structure to represent all syntax information.
If you have your own AST hierarchy or ANTLR generated AST hierarchy, please use it. It won't be difficult to use it with DLTK.
For example our Javascript implementation uses Rhino AST.

DLTK AST nodes are interface to some already implemented in functionality, like search etc. Also our AST tree contain some nodes and already implemented base classes for building structure model, search, etc.

Also you could look at DLTK IDE guide at Eclipse wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/A_guide_to_building_a_DLTK-based_language_IDE

Best regards,
Andrei Sobolev.

Hi all,
In DLTK ,there exists two types of data model.One is model ,which contains IModuleElment,IType,IMethod .The other is DLTK AST ,which contains ASTNode,ModuleDeclaration,TypeDeclaration .
  I want to know what is the difference between model and DLTK AST?
 And if i want to create a outline ,which one should i use?
Thanks 2008-07-09