Re: [Dltk-dev] can i overwrite the default sort of the variables view?

yes, ideally ScriptVariableContainer should be public and there should be possible to provide language specific implementations.
I will think about it tomorrow :)
I have unfinished changes in that file now, so I will first finish the started improvements.

Alex

Johan Compagner wrote:
Now i first get all the locals (and that could be many many)
The the Globals and Class folders

In our app the class we hide by default. But the globals is used quite a lot And because they are top level stuff and locals are a lot if you want to go to globals you have to scroll completely to the bottom first.

I like the have Globals and the Class folders above the locals (just like the java debugger has "this" first) Talking about "this" that one is somewhere in the the globals thats also something i want to sort a bit different
The sort i like the best is:

Globals
Class
this
the rest of the locals maybe sorted by 'type'

By default getting the locals under the globals and class is not difficult in code i just changed the order in the method IScriptVariable[] toArray(IDebugTarget target) of ScriptVariableContainer
But would that be a better default?
Or can i somehow have a sorter that also sorts globals/class/and locals in one go?

johan