Re: [ditto-dev] Small Example of a digital twin of a Siemens S7 using PLC4X and Ditto

Hi Julian.

That’s awesome, thanks for sharing.

The integration of both PLC4X and Ditto Java client looks straight forward.

Does PLC4X also provide a “noticfication” API style?

So that one does not have to poll each 100ms, but register for changes and directly change the Ditto twin as a result.

I’m not at all familiar with PLC programming, so excuse me if that is a stupid question J

Could we add this example to the “ditto-examples” repo?

https://github.com/eclipse/ditto-examples

That way it would – from a Ditto side – be more prominent and cross-reference to the PLC4X project.

If yes, a PullRequest would be awesome J

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Jaeckle

Engineering Cloud Services 1 Bosch IoT Things (INST/ECS1)
Bosch.IO GmbH | Ziegelei 7 | 88090 Immenstaad | GERMANY
| www.bosch.io

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing.
Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic, Yvonne Reckling