[dataspace-wg] OCX 2024 is Calling – Dataspace tips – Early Bird Discounts End Soon!

Dear Eclipse Dataspace Community,

I am using this email to let you know about a number of presentations/events in OCX you might be interested in.

  1. Eclipse Dataspace Components Project. On October 22, don't miss the session by Markus Spiekermann on this. This session will give you a clear understanding of how to simplify the construction of your production-ready dataspace. Markus will show you how to lay the foundation, understand the functionalities and have a vision of what is coming next, specially regarding new protocols and specifications..
  2. Road to Dataspace Standardisation. Frédéric Desbiens and I will be presenting the road to dataspace standardisation, on October 23. In this session, you will learn about the major organisations shaping international standards (ISO - International Organization for Standardization, IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission), and W3C) and how they relate to the Eclipse Foundation. This will include also a briefing on our dataspace standardisation activities.
  3. eSAAM Conference. This full-day event will focus on Research & Innovation for dataspaces The keynotes and presentations will cover everything from governance to the interplay between the GDPR, AI Act, and European Regulation. Check out the interesting paper presentations and the keynotes!

That’s not all! OCX 2024 will feature an exciting line up of tracks, speakers, and keynotes, offering more than 100 talks to choose from. Here are some highlights you can look forward to:

  • “The State of the Eclipse Foundation” Mike Milinkovich, Executive Director at Eclipse Foundation
  • “Scaling New Heights: Emerging Trends in Performance and Leadership for Thriving as a Team” Cédric Dumont, Extreme Sports Pioneer
  • "From Local Roots to Global Impact: Building an Inclusive Open Source Community in Africa Ruth Ikegah, Open Source Program Manager at Open Source Community Africa
  • "We Build Software in the Open to Build Trust Sarah Novotny, Open Source Champion

Check out the full agenda

Join your fellow Open Source community members this October in Mainz, Germany-- a picturesque city nestled along the Rhine River. Known for its rich history, vibrant taverns and restaurants,, and stunning views, Mainz offers the perfect setting for a week of collaboration, learning, and fun.

Reserve your early bird spot

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to reach out. Need help convincing your manager to approve attendance? Check out our helpful guide

We look forward to seeing you in Mainz!

Javier Valiño
DataSpaces Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH
+34 687 442 681 | eclipse.org | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
Community. Code. Collaboration.
Join us in Mainz! Open Community Experience (OCX) - October 22-24, 2024

Back to the top