Re: [dataspace-wg] Eclipse Dataspace Working Group - Call for Nominations.

I hereby nominate myself – Markus Spiekermann – for the open Committer Member seat in Steering Committee & Technical Advisory Committee. Due to my involvement in founding the EDWG and my Committer role within the Eclipse Dataspace Components (EDC) and Dataspace TCK project I am already familiar with the working groups work and would love to support the further progress of the group’s charter and reaching all objectives.

BR,

Markus

From: dataspace-wg <dataspace-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Zahra Fazli
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2024 6:13 PM
To: dataspace-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dataspace-wg] Eclipse Dataspace Working Group - Call for Nominations.

The Eclipse Dataspace Working Group charter identifies the four committees i.e. Steering Committee, Specification Committee, Marketing & Brand Committee, and Technical Advisory Committee; as the governing bodies to drive various aspects of the working group for which there are elected positions to be filled.

At this time, the Steering and Specification are fully operational. The Steering Committee is also fulfilling the duties of Technical Advisory Committee while the Marketing & Brand Committee is on hold for 2024.

While the Strategic Members are entitled to a seat on all the four committees, the elections are to be held for one Participant Member and one Committer Member seat for each operational committee. At this time, there are no Participant Members, and therefore, the elections are to be held for Committer Member Representatives.

Committer Members are those who are engaged in projects under the purview of the working group).  Committers may be considered members by virtue of either a) being employed by a working group corporate member, or b) an individual committer who has executed the Dataspace Working Group’s Individual Participation Agreement.  If you are interested but unsure if you are a committer member, please reach out to us.

All Committer members are encouraged to consider nominating and  self-nominations are also more than welcome!

Through this email, we are announcing the Eclipse Foundation will hold elections on behalf of the working group for the Committer Member Representatives, using the proposed timetable listed below:

Elections Schedule:

July 8 - July 15 - Call for Nominations

July 16:  Announce Candidates Standing

July 17 - 24:  Ballots Distributed (Voting Period)

July 26:  Announce Election Results

Nominations must be sent to this mailing list indicating related seat.  When the nomination period is closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates providing a short bio for each along with their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.  The winning candidates will be announced on this mailing list following the close of the election. Self nominations are welcome. Candidates currently holding a seat are encouraged to self-nominate themselves should they wish to continue.

Please let us know if you have any questions.  Nominations are now open!.

Best Regards,

Zahra

--

Zahra Fazli

Membership Process Lead | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.