Re: [data-dev] Release a new beta version [b2]

I put those topics on the following meeting note:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MQbwPpbEBHiAHes1NaYTJQzEBGUYXxaJYw5K-yj053U/edit#

I did not see any objection to releasing a new beta version, so I'll move it forward. I'll create a PR for this.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 8:38 PM Otavio Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeap, the TCK, and documentation will be challenging, but once we agree, we can focus on those until the first release.

Let's talk about this more at the next meeting.

I checked the Arquillian samples, which makes it more complicated; it would be fantastic if there were more modern and intuitive ways to create tests on Jakarta EE.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 8:18 PM Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Aiming for an earlier release is fine with me, and probably a good idea because it will leave more buffer if we run into problems.  Personally, I would be very surprised if June is realistic, though, given that we haven’t written any TCK tests at all yet.  It will be a significant amount of work to do so, and to get them all passing on a compatible implementation that itself is either in beta or released.  Let’s discuss on our next call with the other participants and find out what sort of time frame they are thinking.  In the meantime, it’s fine to set the date to whatever you like.  I think we all realize the release date is still to be determined and something just needed to be put there so that the rest of the plan could be created.

From: Otavio Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, February 20, 2023 at 2:05 PM
To: data developer discussions <data-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [data-dev] Release a new beta version [b2]

@Nathan Rauh last year, the release was in September. How about we move it earlier, such as in June? On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 7: 58 PM Nathan Rauh <nathan. rauh@ us. ibm. com> wrote: Sure, the link is: https: //projects. eclipse. org/projects/ee4j. data/releases/1. 0/plan

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd