[dash-dev] Settings.xml for maven.eclipse.org

Attached is a first cut at a settings.xml file to be used by eclipse.org projects, using Maven as their build system. This directs all artifact requests to go to maven.eclipse.org instead of going to the individual repositories. The goal is that eventually deploy this to the various build slaves so that all requests for artifacts go to maven.eclipse.org instead of out to central itself.

At one point, the webmasters wanted finer control of the slaves and their visibility to the outside world. This settings.xml makes sure that we use maven.eclipse.org for all requests.

It is a starting point, and I have the WTP XSL currently using this. If you are an eclipse project using the hudson build servers, you can add this settings.xml file to your releng project, and then for your maven configuration add:

-s settings.xml

So for example, the xsl goals setting is setup as:

clean install -s settings.xml

I'm proposing that we eventually bring this in as a hosted file for the dash git repository, and make it the default for Master, and Slave machines running hudson, once we have this setup as we would like.

Dave

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
	<mirrors>
		<mirror>
			<!--This sends everything else to /public -->
			<id>eclipse</id>
			<mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
			<url>http://maven.eclipse.org/nexus/content/groups/central/</url>
		</mirror>
	</mirrors>

	<profiles>
		<profile>
			<id>eclipse</id>
			<!--Enable snapshots for the built in central repo to direct -->
			<!--all requests to nexus via the mirror -->
			<repositories>
				<repository>
					<id>central</id>
					<url>http://central</url>
					<releases>
						<enabled>true</enabled>
					</releases>
					<snapshots>
						<enabled>true</enabled>
					</snapshots>
				</repository>
			</repositories>
			<pluginRepositories>
				<pluginRepository>
					<id>central</id>
					<url>http://central</url>
					<releases>
						<enabled>true</enabled>
					</releases>
					<snapshots>
						<enabled>true</enabled>
					</snapshots>
				</pluginRepository>
			</pluginRepositories>
		</profile>
	</profiles>

	<activeProfiles>
		<!--make the profile active all the time -->
		<activeProfile>eclipse</activeProfile>
	</activeProfiles>
</settings>

Back to the top