[dash-dev] Athena: JUnit tests randomly failing to get launched

Hi,

My build's JUnit tests randomly fail to get launched.
I started the same build 4 times with the same configuration, and I got 3 different results!
1: 3 test suites were launched
2: 1 test suite was launched
3: 12 test suites were launched
4: 1 test suite was launched

In jobs 1,2 and 4, I got the following error messages:
- The application 'Eclipse' lost its connection to the display localhost:9.0
- Server is already active for display 9
- Server is already active for display 21

This looks like this is caused by display contention issues on the build server, but now there seems to be a new problem since a few days:
I found the following errors in the build logs (that appear even in the jobs that did pass all tests successfully!), in the testing part:
Could not load ${build.properties}
and
Could not load ${testing.properties}

This started happening without any changes to the build configuration, so I suspect something else changed on the server.
I looked in the build log of several other jobs on Hudson, and they have the same error (cbi-wtp-wst, cbi-pdt-2.2-helios, cbi-mat-nightly, ...).

So, the build takes one hour to complete, with only one job succeeding once in a while, and with random issues popping up with no apparent reason.
As a result, I am starting many builds until I get one that works, overloading the build server uselessly, and making it more difficult for everyone to prepare the incoming Helios milestone.
That's why I am asking for your help in solving these issues.
--
Nicolas Bros
R&D

Back to the top