[dali-dev] Re: testing deadlock

A little more information, if I don't get a deadlock running the tests then I will instead get this exception. I'm wondering if maybe the peristence.xml is not getting created quickly enough and another test has already been started before it's been created. The persistence.xml and orm.xml files are created in a separate Job.

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/ContextModelTestProject/src/META-INF/persistence.xml' is not local. at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:315) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274) at org.eclipse.jem.internal.util.emf.workbench.ProjectResourceSetImpl.getResource(ProjectResourceSetImpl.java:343) at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emfworkbench.WorkbenchResourceHelper.getOrCreateResource(WorkbenchResourceHelper.java:384) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.resource.AbstractResourceModelProvider.getResource(AbstractResourceModelProvider.java:99) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.resource.persistence.PersistenceResourceModelProvider.getResource(PersistenceResourceModelProvider.java:73) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.context.GenericRootContextNode.<init>(GenericRootContextNode.java:65) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.GenericJpaFactory.buildRootContext(GenericJpaFactory.java:280) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.GenericJpaProject.buildRootContextNode(GenericJpaProject.java:201) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.GenericJpaProject.<init>(GenericJpaProject.java:163) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.platform.GenericJpaFactory.buildJpaProject(GenericJpaFactory.java:233) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.GenericJpaModel$DefaultJpaProjectHolder.buildJpaProject(GenericJpaModel.java:445) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.GenericJpaModel$DefaultJpaProjectHolder.jpaProject(GenericJpaModel.java:437) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.GenericJpaModel.getJpaProject(GenericJpaModel.java:81) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.internal.JpaModelManager.getJpaProject(JpaModelManager.java:178) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.JptCorePlugin.getJpaProject(JptCorePlugin.java:157) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.tests.internal.projects.TestJpaProject.<init>(TestJpaProject.java:58) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.tests.internal.projects.TestJpaProject.buildJpaProject(TestJpaProject.java:35) at org.eclipse.jpt.core.tests.internal.context.ContextModelTestCase.buildJpaProject(ContextModelTestCase.java:78)

Karen Moore wrote:

Ignore the last thread dump, attaching it again since I was picking the wrong java process :( This trace actually has our code in it, just a bit more helpful

Karen

Karen Moore wrote:

So, I'm getting deadlocks most of the time when I run the JptCoreContextModelTests. I have attached the thread dump from when it happens. Is anyone else seeing this issue after checking out Paul's model provider changes? I know Paul isn't getting the deadlocks, but curious if it is only me and if anyone has clues on how we can solve it.

Karen

Back to the top