Re: [cu-dev] Service Release
  • From: Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 13:38:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=us.ibm.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=us.ibm.com; dkim=pass header.d=us.ibm.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=fGfjz1BjtZaH90t5TbyYoEOoBzp549nXWR8gx2vFTh4=; b=HWJBpzk9/IhowPtyBezjLLuH0202tlFGHDkBn/mXjl75f+vtY7P0KicIy/Wi1w3zeGTW+Ylcu6WHu/DpqppY8LK+eIycLHsPnDH6No9yYVDdBtVV+7FyX47sxaneJgNKL8mDIWYZMfxqSpQgvTDdwqnLVha9JNZxeNmvwgo8kGdzdO+icXHqXLTZ2WeMlKWLFMmlAwUNGLPbqOXP45H07JW0yEpuUjz+9JuET5C6yAKjT+riOnF+2WNdgEjwofMbGDRHaUzFhtQnON7L2W/OXU+hxJnAbJcXZjKZtAvRfRUo+U8XpzzmnVYJrPuMXYs1oJrr3Sa0kCRh9g9S8QCx2A==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=cpHgk50ez970D19a9BDRDWV8SoFNjL3kUxiXJbDxRdpN2FJDp3Fmp/l/r/QXjN3mKpjdQHUzEeYAtbic2Eb7QeVv9OEt7LpWwoDVZEWA7DFsXd6ql0LkWfx9G+4OWDre1j9CsYyCQM1/aUal7GAqdTmr0TOe9w5Rsi7wB8uRijjulBzhdqeHA0S8nTp+acI14Hl8CXKMjfWFuf+22manZNKNPlaiOr6mWWZpa0kiYwngFF6/7oJMsp6fjUtRqSCS8UjxPLUpmkpuZQ24KmwgXW6UivYSDhP4nHkmaS/da9zGmv2UCJvA8QdNk6Z4n079GB03S3Dga1C/Z03iJCe+6w==

I don’t know the answer, but to be safe, let’s not make any changes to the API jar (Do we even need to rebuild the API jar at all?)  As far as I am aware, all of the TCK challenges should be addressed by updating the TCK tests rather than the API.  Even in the case of the one controversial TCK challenge, it either gets left as is if the challenge didn’t succeed or if the challenge did succeed then the proper update is to the TCK test: either to disable it or disable the portions of it that relied on the challenged assertion, in either case with the opportunity in Concurrency 3.1 to more fully clarify the specification requirement and add tests back in asserting the behavior at that time.

I have merged outstanding PRs. We still have this PR for the TCK which is more controversial. I also need to understand what you can and can’t do on the api and TCK on a service release. Anyone know? ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

I have merged outstanding PRs. We still have this PR for the TCK which is more controversial.

I also need to understand what you can and can’t do on the api and TCK on a service release. Anyone know?

Steve