[cu-dev] Fw: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Component specification deadline pushed to Feb 28

The email forwarded below was posted on another of the Jakarta mailing lists.  The Concurrency 3.0 spec will need to be completed by Feb 28, which among other things will require a compatible implementation passing the TCK.  It seems like it would be helpful to come up with a list of implementations that are being worked on and could potentially be used for a compatible implementation, and how their schedules line up with the Feb 28 deadline.  I'm unsure of the process details, but if it is anything like the MicroProfile process for specification releases, it will require at least a product beta against which the TCK is fully passing before we can cut the final release of the specification.

I also want to point out that if there ends up being a need to use Open Liberty as the compatible implementation (it is currently passing the new TCK tests in developer sandbox), the 3.0 release candidate of the specification will need to be created by mid-January to line up with a mid-February beta that could be used as a compatible implementation.

----- Forwarded by Nathan Rauh/Rochester/IBM on 12/20/2021 03:24 PM -----

From:        "Scott Stark" <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions" <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        12/20/2021 03:04 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Component specification deadline pushed to Feb 28
Sent by:        "jakartaee-spec-project-leads" <jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings specification project leads. We have missed the Dec 15 deadline, and no specification has completed final review, although several are close. From the current tracking spreadsheet used by the specification committee:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YTUpfdLZZrk2_UGwoX2w0seOCueRO3sQJIjWxpDAa7g/edit#gid=35969432

The following specifications have no draft PRs for final review, and they also have no updated status:

Jakarta Messaging 3.1
Jakarta Concurrency 3.0
Jakarta Persistence 3.1
Jakarta SOAP with Attachments 3.0
Jakarta WebSocket 2.1
Jakarta JSON Binding 3.0
Jakarta Authentication 3.0
Jakarta Authorization 2.1
Jakarta XML Binding 4.0
Jakarta XML Web Services 4.0
Jakarta Connectors 2.1

I'll be pinging the respective development lists to see if there is an update available.

We now are looking at a hard deadline of Feb 28 2022 for component specifications to release an update for EE10, or we will drop the update from EE10 and go with the EE 9.1 version.

If you need help finalizing tasks, ping myself or the jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxlist. The Jakarta platform group will be looking to rotate available resources onto specification project tasks at the start of the year to help projects that need it.

Scott Stark
Red Hat
EE10 Release Coordinator