Re: [cu-dev] Jakarta EE 10 and breaking changes

+1 to what Reza stated.  Looking over the release plan, it adds a significant amount of major new function, none of which requires breaking changes.

From:        Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        cu developer discussions <cu-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/03/2021 02:02 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [cu-dev] Jakarta EE 10 and breaking changes
Sent by:        "cu-dev" <cu-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Based on the scope of work, I think this is a major release, not a minor (point) release. I do not foresee any need for breaking changes.

Reza Rahman

On May 3, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As part of our release review.

See Jakarta Concurrency 3.0 Plan Review by smillidge · Pull Request #368 · jakartaee/specifications (github.com)

I am being asked if this is truly a major version release. i.e. Are we going to make breaking changes?

WDYT is this a major version or minor version based on semantic versioning. Alternatively do we want the freedom to make breaking changes even if we haven’t specifically identified any as yet?

Steve Millidge