[cu-dev] Ready for review: #40, #100, #101 for transferring over MicroProfile API to Jakarta EE Concurrency 3.0

Given the amount of proposed content for Concurrency in Jakarta 10, I've started putting together pulls for the MicroProfile-related enhancements currently in the Milestone 3 list, starting with the ones for copying over API methods around CompletionStage/CompletableFuture.  The following 3 are ready to start reviewing now (I won't actually be merging anything until after the release plan is official, and of course pending approval from the community)

When reviewing these, it will be helpful to note that MicroProfile class ManagedExecutor is the equivalent of our ManagedExecutorService,
and MicroProfile class ThreadContext is the equivalent of our ContextService.

The method signatures themselves are an exact copy (which will be great for compatibility), except for the one place where MicroProfile's ManagedExecutor has a getThreadContext method that returns a ThreadContext, which is switched to ContextService. The intent behind the MicroProfile method here is so that threadContext/contextService.withContextCapture(completionStage/completableFuture) can create CompletionStage/CompletableFuture proxies that are backed by the ManagedExecutor.  But managedExecutor[Service].copy(completionStage/completableFuture) can already do that.  We can decide if the equivalent getContextService method is really wanted/needed here, and if not, I can remove it.  To start out with, I included it in the pull so that you have the opportunity to see what it would look like if we did include it. Please add your feedback on it in the review.  I would be happy with either outcome and will go with the majority on it.

Issue #40Completion stages backed by ManagedExecutorService
pull to review:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/pull/104

Issue #100ContextService methods for contextualizing individual dependent stage actions
pull to review:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/pull/138

Issue #101Completion stages backed by a ContextService
pull (also contains the commit for #100 which is a prereq due to references made in JavaDoc): https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/pull/139
commit that is unique to this pull to review:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/pull/139/commits/ba9c817de5e47c4a32ee40c6bd46d97dcb3eea0e

Back to the top