[cosmos-dev] Two additional 1.1 iterations

Hi team,

After consulting with the project leads and taking stock of adopter needs, we have decided to add two more iterations to the COSMOS 1.1 schedule.  I have cleared this with the PMC and will be updating our project metadata to reflect the schedule change.  Please let me know before next week's architecture call if you have concerns with the schedule change.

The primary driver for this extension is to wrap up the SDD work, but there are a few other changes that may occur given the change in schedule.

>From David:
1) An effort to update the SML support to the final spec level (SML 1.1 is being finalized in a matter of days)
2) An effort to update the CMDBf support to the spec level being posted on DMTF (the spec has changed since we last made changes to our CMDBf support in COSMOS last year)

The work that I have identified as remaining for SDD that should be tackled in this time frame is as follows:

1) Complete the CLI (in progress)
2) Create additional resource handlers
        a) J2EE Application Server
        b) JRE
3) Create additional operation handlers
        a) install (in progress)
        b) uninstall
        c) update
4) Create an example native action
        a) Windows shortcut
5) MDR integration

Of the remaining work we will need to determine which iterations we target for which work.  We can discuss this in further detail in the upcoming Tuesday architecture call.

The net result of the schedule change is that COSMOS 1.1 will be ready for GA on 9/25.  Note that if you work backwards from there you'll notice that the two additional iterations don't exactly map out to twelve weeks.  The reason for that is that I will not be available the week of the 14th so in order to take us through the release review I will set the GA date to be 9/25.

Cheers,
-Jason

Back to the top