Re: [cosmos-dev] RE: BIRT references in org.eclipse.cosmos.releng.builder

Hi,

All the refereces to BIRT have been removed from build scripts. I ran the test build and it is builiding without any build errors.

thanks
With best regards,

Saurabh Dravid,
Staff Software Engineer - Autonomic Computing,
India Software Lab, IBM Software Group
Embassy Links Embassy Cypress Pt,
Phone: +91-80-41055493, e-mail:
sadravid@xxxxxxxxxx
About India Software Lab

[cosmos-dev] RE: BIRT references in        org.eclipse.cosmos.releng.builder

Jason Losh to: Cosmos Dev
04/27/2009 10:52 PM

Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Cosmos Dev

Hi Brad,

That’s a bug.  BIRT was changed in the 1.0 release cycle to be a pre-requisite so COSMOS adopters need to download it prior to using it in the COSMOS demo.  It looks like the change to remove BIRT was made on 6/16/08 but the corresponding unzip task was not commented out or removed.

I’m guessing that the unzip target is throwing an error given the zip isn’t downloaded and that we are ignoring that error as part of the build.

I believe the fix here is to either remove the BIRT references completely (my preference to avoid confusion later) or to comment out the unzip task.  It looks like the tasks for some of the other pre-requisites, like Axis2, were properly commented out so this one was just missed.

Thanks,
-Jason