[cosmos-dev] COSMOS schedule change

Hi folks,

In order to get the documentation and examples included and tested in the
milestone driver, we are removing two weeks from iteration 4 and adding
them to iteration 3. What we've done is add two additional development
weeks to i3 and removed two development weeks from i4. Here's the net:

1. We stop all work on features and unapproved changes on Mar 18 as
originally planned.
2. On Mar 19, instead of starting the unit tests for the test phase, you
can check in changes as long as your project lead reviews the change that
you want to make and approves the change. At this time only the following
types of changes will be considered between Mar 19 and Apr 1 (inclusive):
        * Documentation updates
        * Example creation
        * Defects that will stabilize the driver
        * New test cases
        * One build bugzilla to add some plugins into the COSMOS driver.
3. On Apr 2 and 3 developers will unit test their code to ensure that the
code is stable enough for the full test pass that runs for two weeks.
4. On Apr 6 the two week test phase begins. Because the unit tests will
already have been run, any function tests, system tests, integration
tests, performance tests etc. are run during this time. Because this is a
milestone release, the requirements are higher than that of an iteration
driver. Please review the requirements and follow them:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_dev_process#Milestone_Release_Builds_.28MS.29

The schedule has been updated on the web:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Cosmos_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones

Ruth.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab