[cosmos-dev] FYA: From now until COSMOS 1.0...

Hi Community,

You've all probably seen Saurabh's announcement to the mailing list about the new branch being created. This branch was created because COSMOS is now in countdown mode. That is, as we approach COSMOS 1.0, we need to limit the changes that are checked into the COSMOS 1.0 code because we don't want to add in risky changes at this time. COSMOS 1.0 is now trying to stabilize.

From now until COSMOS 1.0 is out the door, if you have any changes that are not approved for COSMOS 1.0, then please check in those changes only to HEAD. If you have a change that is approved for COSMOS 1.0, then please check it in to both HEAD and the COSMOS 1.0 branch.

To get a defect approved for COSMOS 1.0, please raise that defect in the subproject meeting (RM, ME, DC/DV) and ask for the Project Lead's permission. Once the Project Lead gives you permission, you can check in your change. Project Leads, please put all approved defects on the Countdown page for tracking: http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_CountdownTo1.0

Thank you,
Ruth.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab