[cosmos-dev] Review Requested by Noon ET on March 28 - Proposals for Meeting Schedules, Status Reporting and Documentation Deliverables

Team,

During today's Community Call, we came to an agreement on the following proposals.  Since many of you were not able to attend today's call, please review these proposals and post your questions or concerns by noon ET tomorrow (March 28).  If no objections are posted by that time, these proposals will be accepted.

Proposal for New Meeting Schedule (Architecture, Community, Resource Modeling, Data Visualization and Data Collection calls):

Resource Modeling Calls - Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. ET    (shortening this call to 30 minutes)
Data Collection/CMDBf Calls - Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. ET
Data Visualization Calls - Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET
Community Calls - Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. ET

Architecture Calls - Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET

Rationale: With this new schedule, all of the subproject team meetings (including RE) will take place on Tuesday or Wednesday morning.  Then subproject and integration build status can be easily summarized in the Wednesday Community call.  Technical discussions can be added to the agenda for the Thursday Architecture call.

============================================================================================================
Proposal for Status Reporting:
  • Update the template for the integration build status wiki page to include sections for each subproject where developers can report status on their assigned enhancements and bugs, particularly blocking bugs.  (Ruth will make this update)
  • Each week before the subproject team meeting, developers will update the wiki page to report status of: Not started, On track, At Risk, Behind Schedule or Complete for their assigned work items.
  • Subproject team leads will walk through issues identified in that status during subproject team meetings and update page as appropriate
  • Only items that are at risk or behind schedule will need discussion during the Community call

Rationale: Reporting integration build status on the wiki has been working well.  Per Ruth's proposal a few weeks ago, reporting general status for the iteration work on the wiki would cut down on time we spend discussing status in meetings.

============================================================================================================
Proposal for Changes in Documentation Deliverables:

User Guide: We have made good progress on the User Guide.  Therefore, we will continue with the plan to bundle the User Guide in the COSMOS 1.0 driver and also make it available on the web.

Developer Guide: We are behind schedule on Developer Guide content.  Much of the content will not be completed until a few weeks after i10 closes.  Therefore, we will make the Developer Guide available on the web only.  It will not be bundled with the COSMOS 1.0 driver.

Note: We want to have help in context available for the CMDBf Toolkit; therefore, we will include the UI portion of section 2.0 of the Developer Guide in the User Guide so that it can be bundled in the driver.  Rich will investigate whether or not we can hide this section so that it is available in the Help, but not visible in the User Guide.

    Tania N. Makins, PMPĀ®
    Project Manager, AC Open Source Components
    IBM Software Group - RTP, NC
    Office: (919) 254-8430  T/L: 444-8430
    tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top