RE: [cosmos-dev] RE: 216387 - Broker and domain on different machines

It’s surprising to see a huge thread happening without involving the cosmos community.

My questions:

I want to understand why this is not a valid scenario for iteration 8. http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i8 does not indicate that the domain and the broker will have to be on same machines and that the domain supports only one broker. If there is any other wiki page that talks of these limitations please point me to them.

As Sheldon pointed (and I have placed my comment on the ER) I had modified the contents of the web.xml file to reflect the remote domain. When I executed the register command, I got a positive reply about the registration. However the domain could not list the registered remote broker. So, if there is no way by which this remote setup can be handled, then there should have been an error message thrown while executing the register command. Probably I see that there is no need for a domain configuration in the web.xml file. If the client application and tomcat are on the same machine and the tomcat houses both the domain and broker, is there not a smart way to pick the computer name or IP address rather than expose a web.xml file to the user?

Cosmo’s architecture of single domain makes sense but not single broker for i8 or for 1.0 release.

Regards
Shivashankari
Team Lead
India Technology Center
"If bugs were people then you would be China"