Re: [cosmos-dev] Re: Wiki naming conventions

Chris,
The use of the wiki relative to design documentation, et. is still "new" to the eclipse community.  Projects seem to be using the wiki in different ways.  In COSMOS, because we wanted to have a way for people to actively participate while they are working towards being a committer, we chose to do as much as possible on the wiki.  So far, it seems to be working out pretty well.

As to the question of naming conventions....
I'm not aware of any specific guidelines for the wiki.  A general rule of thumb that I try to follow is if a page name can apply across multiple projects, e.g. "Release Engineering" or "Meeting Minutes", then I try to prefix it with "COSMOS", e.g. http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Architecture_Meetings

-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

[cosmos-dev] Re: Wiki naming conventions

Chris Mildebrandt to: cosmos-dev
01/16/08 01:38 PM

Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I was recently told of the convention for design documents (bugzilla
number), but I'd still like to find an answer for other wiki pages.

Thanks,
-Chris

http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS/SDD_Tooling/BTG/Design

http://wiki.eclipse.org/BTG_Design. Or David Whiteman suggested a