Re: [cosmos-dev] Fix copyrights tool

I wrote on 01/09/2008 11:29:04 AM:

> The Eclipse repository contains a tool that will fix copyrights in your code.  It
> will insert copyrights into any files that are missing them, and will also attempt
> to insert the additional year for modified files (e.g. "2007, 2008").  In my
> experience, it does the former perfectly, but it's not extremely accurate in
> performing the latter task.  But since it's most important that all relevant files
> have a copyright, I encourage you to run this tool periodically against your own code.
[snip]

> 8. If the tool has changed any files (and it probably will), you will want to
> inspect its work during synchronization with the repo, since as I mentioned, it's
> not entirely accurate with modified files, even though it works well for files that
> didn't already have a copyright.

Looks like the tool is smarter than I gave it credit for.  Apparently, it compares all files against the last revision from the previous year to see if there were any changes.  So even if you didn't change the file for this checkin, it might be fixing the copyright for a previous change in '08.

David

Back to the top