Re: [cosmos-dev] Division of work for i8 and i9

Hi Jimmy,

As I mentioned in my email to you there may be additional work in the COSMOS UI that is not covered by the ERs targeted for i8.    This additional work is dependant on the E2E scenario that we are proposing for i8.

The previous E2E scenario presented reports on monitoring and statistical data stored in a derby database.   From the F2F we did not formally say whether we are going to create examplar data managers for monitoring and statistical data.  Atleast I may have missed this point.

If the data collection component will provide examplar statistical and monitoring data managers then work is needed in the data visualization to provide examplar reports to work off these data managers.
In the f2f we did not have a chance to formalize what the e2e scenario will be for i8.   We need to close on this and create the appropriate ERs.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/11/2007 06:32 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Division of work for i8 and i9

All,
I have added an item to the DC page (perhaps this is a better topic for the Community, but the DC call is sooner)… I have also sent email in this regard to several of you; specifically to Mark / David W., Hubert, & Sheldon.  To the email recipients: please attempt to reply to my emails early this week, as this will answer this query.
Finalize the division of work between CA / Compuware / IBM for i8 & i9 - Jimmy Mohsin
·         UI
·         Resource modeling / CMDBf
·         Management Domain / Broker
Thanks,