[cosmos-dev] RE: COSMOS i7 / i8 Roadmap & Features PPT

Jimmy,

Here are a couple of comments  on slide 6 - exclusions.

>We will NOT
*Build a Federating CMDB
But we will build infrastructure that can be used in a federated CMDB
environment.

*Provide hooks to plug in a Security infrastructure
We expect to let the next version of MUSE handle much of this, but I
think that we need to provide the hooks to allow an adopter to  bolt in
whatever security extensions they require.  We definitedly agreed not to
provde implementations that exploit a particular security product
infrasturcture.  Whether this is addressed in I7 / I8 is certainly open
to discussion.

*Provide i18n or localization capabilities
I thought that we agreed on the DC call to provide i18n (externalized
strings, etc.) but not localization for non-English locales.

Regards,

Don