[cosmos-dev] Request for approval for defect 194676

I would like to request that the following defect be considered for PMC approval for COSMOS 1.0

194676 Simply configuration for End2End.

1. Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect. How does the defect manifest itself, and how will users of COSMOS/ consuming products be affected if the defect is not fixed?
- Our current end2end sample requires that tomcat be altered to use a non-default port.

2. Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
- Sure – change the default port. We’re trying to make this as simple as possible, so removing any configuration steps is highly desirable at this point.

3. Is this a regression or API breakage? Explain.
- No.

4. Does this require new API?
- No.

5. Who performed the code review?
-

6. Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record?
-
No.

7. What is the risk associated with this fix?
- Low.

8. Is this fix related to any standards that COSMOS adheres to? If so, who has validated that the fix continues to adhere
No
.

Thanks, and thanks to Sheldon for the template,

Joel

=00