From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sheldon Lee-Loy
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:00 AM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: Re: [cosmos-dev] End 2 End updates

Hi Joel,

Ali's note suggested using  "http://www.comsos.rm/keysets/statistical" and "http://www.comos.rm/keysets/cbe" as the keyset for statistical and CBE respectively.

Hubert mentioned that these names are too long.  For now I can change the sml to "TomcatSet" and "CBE" to get the end2end working.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610

"Hawkins, Joel" <Joel.Hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

14/06/2007 10:14 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[cosmos-dev] End 2 End updates

Hubert, Sheldon, etc,

I checked in an updated database with some tomcat data in it. Sheldon, you’ll want to update your reports to use the actual tomcat datasource name (“server 33 tomcat” – per Ali’s note), and the new keyset (included from the assembly definition below).

I made some updates to the JMX collector to support CompositeData attribute types, so we can get some decent looking data for the reports.

<cosmos:keyset name="TomcatSet" register="true">

            <cosmos:key name="CurrentBusyThreads" type="integral"/>

            <cosmos:key name="CurrentThreadCount" type="integral"/>

            <cosmos:key name="HeapMemoryUsed" type="integral"/>

            <cosmos:key name="NonHeapMemoryUsed" type="integral"/>

</cosmos:keyset>

There’s a new project under the examples directory in CVS (org.eclipse.cosmos.examples.e2e.dc.configurations) that contains the tomcat collector and stat query examples. Hubert, do you want to copy your CBE collector and query assemblies under there as well?

I’m going to start looking at the build scripts to see if I can puzzle out how to integrate these new configurations.

Does anyone know if we’ve got an end-to-end wiki page set up? I’d like to document what I had to do to get tomcat jmx going (both for tomcat and for MAX).

Cheers,

Joel

=00The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it._______________________________________________
cosmos-dev mailing list
cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx