Re: [cn4j-alliance] CN4J Technical Call Tuesday??

To be honest, I am not sure there is that much to it without making some critical decisions/concessions and establishing an ethos of binding consensus possibly only through voting. You can see that even with the fairly trivial slide deck we came up with collaboratively within the Jakarta EE Ambassadors: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zei-cHG9xSasb0NwLI03OO0zboCHBekDP0M6A8shLuo/edit.

The alternative is having a group of organizations/individuals that seem to collaborate only on the surface but in effect really are indefinitely disagreeing and going their own (fragmented) ways. It’s regrettable, but honestly we knew in the Guardians this might happen post Java EE/JCP/SunOracle stewardship (this tendency is unfortunately all too endemic of open source vis-a-vis open standards). At the time, there was little choice but to accept that risk, take action and hope for the best.

Reza Rahman