Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

I meant that they were originally planned to be done for Java EE 8, via the JCP. So there was nothing to transition ;)

It's a past statement. I don't think there is much value to discuss what might have been included in Java EE 8.

I disagree with forking and changing namespaces. It is unnecessary and causes unnecessary migration.

I also disagree with two configs existing in both Jakarta and MicroProfile. It is a recipe for confusion and disaster.

I think moving MP Config to Jakarta while retaining the same namespace is a better option.

Thanks
Emily

Yes, many and APIs were not intended to ever transition to the JCP.

I meant that they were originally planned to be done for Java EE 8, via the JCP. So there was nothing to transition ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms