[che-dev] Conventional commits

As mentioned during yesterday's community call we should have a discussion about conventional commits [1] to decide if we should enforce it or not.

Currently a PR check verifies if commits messages follow the convention. PRs can be merged even if the check fails. But we need to decide if we are going to enforce the convention (block PRs where the check fails, update the contribution guide etc...) or remove the PR check and let contributors free to use any commit message format they like.

What's your thoughts?

[1] https://www.conventionalcommits.org/

Back to the top