[che-dev] Deprecation of go-toolset images in RHEC (and how to move forward)

There is a planned Deprecation of go-toolset images in RHEC, starting with RHEL 8.4 (due this month).

As such, if we want to stay current with the latest CVE fixes and updates in golang, we need to refactor the rhel.Dockerfiles (and in some cases like che-operator, the main Dockerfile too) so that we:

* remove references to go-toolset base image

* switch to ubi8-minimal image

* install go-toolset from RPM or tarball/zip

If we're going to do this refactoring in 11 go-based Che projects, would it also make sense to move up from a mix of golang 1.12, 1.13 and 1.14, to synchronize on the latest 1.16.4 ?

Please provide your fears, uncertainties, or doubts here:

* https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/19762

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

Productization Lead :: CodeReady Workspaces

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus

Back to the top