Re: [che-dev] Code Coverage Comments on PR's

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:34 AM Thomas Mäder <tmader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've noticed the new code coverage annotation in PR's today. Having an
idea of Code coverage is nice, but in the current implementation, I
believe it adds a lot of noise and makes it harder to do do a useful
review. I move that we turn off that feature until we can get it
configured in an less intrusive way.

I've attached two screenshots illustrating the problem: the first
complains about "new code not covered" when in fact, only a comment was
added and the second just adds a comment every second line in a
continuous block of added code.

Personally, I don't want to see code coverage comments in PR's when I
review them. It's not helping me understand the code.

Agreed. Code coverage is a useful metric for a project but I am against using it as a criteria to approve or not a PR.

/Thomas