[che-dev] Devfile 2 support

Hello all,

We plan to include devfile 2 [1] support starting with Che v7.27 (3rd of march).

That will include support for factory links to devfile 2x but won't include support for editors plugins and we will still package an internal devfile v1 registry. This milestone includes the introduction of the DevWorkspace operator as the workspace engine.

This is the first out of 3 steps to move from devfile v1 to v2. The second milestone is about the support of editors plugins and devfile v2 based registries. The third is about reaching feature parity (support of secrets injection, ephemeral volumes etc...). To learn more refer to the corresponding epic on GitHub [2] or reach us on the slack channel [3].

Mario

[1] https://docs.devfile.io/devfile/2.0.0/user-guide/api-reference.html
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/17307
[3] https://coreos.slack.com/archives/C01KL67ALLW