Re: [che-dev] Using of cluster default TLS certificate for Che ingresses

Hello Mario.

Are those behaviors consistent on OpenShift and plain Kubernetes? In particular are we generating a self signed cert on OpenShift if none is provided?

Not exactly. On OpenShift we always use the default router certificate, whereas on Kubernetes we can use the existing one or generate it. Such behaviour is historical and probably caused by the fact that in case of OpenShift router is usually configured the right way, but in case of Kubernetes default ingress controller can contain a certificate that doesn't match.

Is there any documentation PR planned?

Yes I already have small changes regarding the spec.k8s.tlsSecretName CR field. Just created PR [1]
Also we do not change default behaviour, so users shouldn't see any difference after merge. That could be changed later if needed.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/che-docs/pull/1687