[che-dev] Che Releases: every Wednesday!

As you may have noticed, for the last few weeks we've been striving to do one Che release every week.

Mykhailo today suggested that we codify this even further so that it's even more predictable.

As such the new schedule is that CRW 7.y.0 and 7.y.z releases will start at 12:00 EEST (11:00 CEST, 05:00 EST) every Wednesday.

If a known blocker appears Tuesday night which cannot be fixed in time for the Wednesday build, and which requires the release to be delayed, please make sure you contact @Mykhailo Kuznietsov via Mattermost, Slack, email or bat-signal... whatever works best. :)

If no one says anything, it will be assumed the current commits are good enough for the next .0 or .z build.

For reference, here are the GH issues for the last bunch of releases, which link to their included/blocker issues:

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/17111 Che 7.14.2
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/17066 Che 7.14.1 + 7.14.0

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/17021 Che 7.13.2
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16950 Che 7.13.1
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16933 Che 7.13.0

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16820 Che 7.12.2
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16743 Che 7.12.1
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16690 Che 7.12.0

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16585 Che 7.11.1
https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16478 Che 7.11.0

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/16298 Che 7.10.0

In future, once the che-operator and chectl parts are fully integrated into the overall release script, we will explore making weekly builds fully automatic: no human touches required. Long live the machines! :D

Cheers,

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

Productization Lead :: CodeReady Workspaces

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus

Back to the top