[che-dev] Che first CVE

Hi all,

A few weeks ago we have been contacted by Michael Grube from the University of Michigan Medicine for a security vulnerability. A few days after we have released a fix that has been merged on releases 7.3.1 and 7.4.0. The vulnerability has been disclosed today.

Although it affected only insecured Che instances (with authentication and TLS both disabled) the vulnerability made it possible for a malicious website to send requests to the local Che server API if a user opened it in his browser.

This vulnerability doesn't affect CodeReady Workspaces because single user is not supported in this case.

Details are available on the CVE list [1].

Mario

[1] https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2019-17633

Back to the top