[che-dev] Workspace-specific settings files

Hi folks,

I'm currently thinking about issues like the following two:

https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/14857

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CRW-330

Both of them require that we override some settings files (~/.m2/settings.xml and gradle.properties, as fare as I can tell).  I'm looking for ideas on how we could solve this general class of problems.

We now have custom-resources.yaml (I think) which overrides settings for a workspace globally, and we have support for overriding preferences in Theia, for example, but we don't have a mechanism that allows to put some files into dev or tooling containers either globally or from the devfile.

So any ideas on how to approach this class of problems?

/Thomas

Back to the top