Re: [che-dev] Java extension is getting bigger

On 11/11/2019 12:57, Gennady Azarenkov wrote:

Taking into account we are going toward real microservice architecture for IDE [1],
why we consider running several extensions in the same container as a target?

"The version 7 of Eclipse Che introduces a new model of workspaces of workspaces where the IDE is splitted into multiple micro-services running in separate containers."

Our goal as an organization is not to provide an example of a microservices architecture. Our goal is to provide the best IDE for and on OpenShift/Kubernetes. If microservices are a good tool for that, fine, but an architecture is always a means, not a end.

/Thomas

Back to the top